The Lowville Youth Lacrosse, INC (LYL) has a tradition of providing the community the opportunity to play lacrosse through the best Administration and Coaching possible. To fulfill this commitment, all administrators, officials, coaches, parents, and players must sign and abide by a “Code of Conduct” that embodies basic common sense principles demonstrates consideration of others, and projects a positive image to our young men and women. The LYL’s Code of Conduct is consistent with the code of conduct set forth by USA Lacrosse- the National Governing Body of Lacrosse.
Administrators, officials, coaches, parents, players and spectators are to conduct themselves in a manner that “Honors the Game” and demonstrates respect to other players, coaches, officials, parents, spectators and fans. In becoming a member of the lacrosse community an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the game of lacrosse and its participants. The essential elements in this “Code of Conduct” are HONESTY and INTEGRITY. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to the sport of lacrosse, themselves, their team and their organization.
Players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators participating in LYL events that fail to abide by this code will be subject to ejection and disqualification from future LYL events. Thank you for your help in promoting these principles.
- Sportsmanship and teaching the concepts of fair play are essential to the game, and must be taught and developed both at home and on the field during practices and games.
- The emphasis on winning should never be placed above the value of good sportsmanship, the concepts of fair play, or the skills of the game.
- Derogatory comments are unacceptable. Use positive reinforcement with players and adults alike. It should be remembered that criticism, once made, can never be retracted.
- The safety and welfare of the players are of primary importance.
- Administrators, Coaches, Parents and Teammates must always be aware of the tremendous influence they have on each other. Need to strive to be positive role models in dealing with young people, as well as with adults.
- Administrators and Officials are expected to conduct themselves as professionals and in a manner that demonstrates courtesy and fairness to all parties while exercising their authority on the field.
- LYL Coaches involved with the game must never permit anyone to openly or maliciously criticize badger, harass, or threaten an official.
- LYL has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all participants and spectators at club sponsored events. Being under the influence of drugs, or alcohol (including the use of chewing tobacco, cigarettes or vaping) is strictly prohibited at any LYL event, including practice. This policy does not prohibit participants and spectators from the lawful use and possession of prescribed medications.
- Knowledge of the Rules of Lacrosse must be respected and adhered to by all who participate in the game of lacrosse, both in the letter and the spirit of the game. Attempts to manipulate rules in an effort to take unfair advantage of an opponent, or to teach deliberate unsportsmanlike conduct, is considered unacceptable conduct.